Tour code: TWL-003A
You will be picked up at the Lahad Datu Airport and transferred by road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve 1 ½ hour. Upon arrival guide briefing and video presentation. Check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with private balcony, air conditioner, ceiling fan and hot water shower, a welcome luxury in the forest. Visit Tabin Visitor Centre for the conservation of Tabin Wildlife Reserve and briefing on animals, birds, and insects that is found in this area. (For guest check in before 11:00am)
In the afternoon, before trekking to the Elephant trail, our guide will stop by at the compost bin for information on recycling the food waste into fertilizer for the plants and afterward proceed to the active Lipad mud volcano which provides a mineral salt lick for wildlife, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds. Try to identify the multitude of animal footprints here. The adventurous can try the effects of the volcanic mud, said to be responsible for a fine complexion. Trek from the mud volcano back to the main road.
Dinner, followed by a night safari to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin, identify the constellations above you and make a wish or two. (L,D)
Join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin’s rich collection of almost 300 bird species. After breakfast, a drive to the core area, stop by the Birdwatching tower and climb up for a short birding. Continue trek to the Lipad Waterfall enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall. Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax. Along the way back to the resort, you will stop by at the Tabin Giant Tree for a photo or take a group photos.
In the afternoon, try out the Tabin Rainforest Foot Soak made with a natural blend of herbs, to relax tired muscles after long jungle treks. In the evening, a dusk drive to look out for more nocturnal wildlife & birds coming out to look for food during this time of the day.
After dinner, go for a night walk along the trail nearby the resort in search of sleeping birds, frog and nocturnal wildlife. (B,L,D)
Jungle walks nearby the resort in the morning and afternoon.
After dinner, followed by a night safari to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. (B,L,D)
[Optional Dawn Drive Not included in package]
After breakfast, mud certificate upon completion of tour, free and easy until check out. – End of Tour.
- Twin Bed (River chalets)
- Double bed (Hill chalets)
- 1 adults (1 room) – Twin bed / Double bed
- 2 adults (1 room) – Twin bed / Double bed
- 3 adults (1 room) – Twin bed + 1 pull out bed / Double bed + 1 pull out bed
- 2 adults 1 child (1 room) – Twin bed + 1 pull out bed / Double bed + 1 pull out bed
- 2 adults 2 children (1 room) – Twin bed + 2 pull out bed / Double bed + 2 pull out bed
*Child (5 – 12 years old) / 0 – 4 years old no charge
Twin Bed (River chalets)
Double bed (Hill chalets)
Important Notes & Useful Information
What To Bring:
- Binoculars, Telescope, Insect repellent, long sleeve shirts & long pants, raincoat, sun hat, swim wear, comfortable trekking shoes, torch light, water bottle & personal toiletries. Leech socks are available for sale at the resort’s shop.
- Scheduled return transfer Lahad Datu/Tabin/Lahad Datu, accommodation, meals as stated, guided tours and activities.
- Domestic Air Fare, Travel Insurance and others not stated.
- Lahad Datu-Tabin: 0800 hrs & 1200hrs
- Tabin-Lahad Datu: 1330hrs (arrive Lahad Datu town 1500hrs)
Recommended Flights: (Maswings)
- BKI-LDU MH3010 0620 / 0715hrs
- LDU-BKI MH 3019 1600/ 1655hrs
Activities are subject to weather condition/departure time, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation.