Tour code: TWL-002
You will be picked up in the east coast town of Lahad Datu and transferred by road to Tabin Wildlife Reserve (1:30 hrs). Upon arrival guide briefing and video presentation, check into an attractive timber lodge at Tabin Wildlife Resort, which comes complete with private balcony, air conditioner, ceiling fan and hot water shower, a welcome luxury in the forest. Nestled within the rainforest beside the Lipad river, this lovely setting is home to a surprising variety of birds, insects and small mammals, even right beside the buildings of the resort. Discover the rich variety of jungle herbs, some endemic, used for generations by local folks for the treatment of various ailments.
Visit to Tabin Visitor Centre for information about the conservation of Tabin Wildlife Reserve and briefing on birds, insects and animals that is found in this area. (For guest check in before 11:00am)
In the afternoon, before trekking to the Elephant trail, our guide will stop by at the compost bin for information on recycling the food waste into fertilizer for the plants and afterward proceed to the active Lipad mud volcano which provides a mineral salt lick for wildlife, arrive at the elevated bare area of the mud volcano which is frequented by wildlife and birds.
Try to identify the multitude of animal footprints here. The adventurous can try the effects of the volcanic mud, said to be responsible for a fine complexion. Trek from the mud volcano back to the main road.
After dinner, followed by a night safari to look out for nocturnal wildlife and birds. Remember to look up at the clear, dark sky of Tabin, identify the constellations above you and make a wish or two. (L,D)
Join the early morning bird walk to discover some of Tabin’s rich collection of almost 300 bird species. After breakfast, a drive to the core area for animal’s spotting and for photo session before trekking through the lush green rainforest known for its rich diversity of plants and animal species to visit Lipad Waterfall. Take a dip in the natural pool and enjoy a natural and refreshing shower under the waterfall. Alternatively explore the surrounding vegetation or just relax. Along the way back to the resort, you will stop by at the Tabin Giant Tree for a photo or take a group photos. After lunch, Mud certificate upon completion of tour depart to Lahad Datu.
– End of Tour (B,L)
- Twin Bed (River chalets)
- Double bed (Hill chalets)
- 1 adults (1 room) – Twin bed / Double bed
- 2 adults (1 room) – Twin bed / Double bed
- 3 adults (1 room) – Twin bed + 1 pull out bed / Double bed + 1 pull out bed
- 2 adults 1 child (1 room) – Twin bed + 1 pull out bed / Double bed + 1 pull out bed
- 2 adults 2 children (1 room) – Twin bed + 2 pull out bed / Double bed + 2 pull out bed
*Child (5 – 12 years old) / 0 – 4 years old no charge
Twin Bed (River chalets)
Double bed (Hill chalets)
Important Notes & Useful Information
What to bring:
- Binoculars, Telescope, Insect repellent, long sleeve shirts & long pants, raincoat, sun hat, swim wear, comfortable trekking shoes, torch light, water bottle & personal toiletries. Leech socks are available for sale at the resort’s shop.
- Scheduled return transfer Lahad Datu/Tabin/Lahad Datu, accommodation, meals as stated, guided tours and activities.
- Lahad Datu-Tabin: 0800 hrs & 1200hrs
- Tabin-Lahad Datu: 1330hrs (Arrive Lahad Datu town at 1500hrs)
Recommended Flights: (Maswings)
- BKI-LDU MH 3010 0620 / 0715hrs
- LDU-BKI MH 3019 1600/ 1655hrs
Activities are subject to weather condition/departure time, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situation